LAMDA Exam Teacher Training Day
Time & Location
About The Event
This one day workshop will cover all aspects of the Acting strand of the new LAMDA syllabus, from Introductory up to Grade 8. Whether you have been teaching LAMDA for years, or are new to it, this workshop will give you inspiration for the school year ahead to deliver exceptional LAMDA classes.
We will be covering:
- changes in the new syllabus, what to look out for when moving from the old syllabus to the new one
- specific exercises and games for 1-1 and 1-2 teaching as well as group games
- top tips for being a LAMDA teacher and formats for how to teach LAMDA
- best practice for delivering LAMDA sessions, including time plans and how to run an exam centre
- the business side of LAMDA, what to charge, and how to be prepared (first aid, DBS etc.)
At the end of the day you will:
- feel inspired and confident about teaching the Acting LAMDA syllabus
- be equipped with ideas, games, exercises for skills development and warm ups
- made a new network of colleagues
- receive a hand out covering all aspects of the day and further tips and recommendations
- invited to Light UP LAMDA , our closed FB group to support teachers
The workshop fee also includes lunch and refreshments. There is plenty of parking at the venue.
This workshop is run by Rosanna Sloan, Director of Unexpected Places and Light UP. Rosanna teaches LAMDA in many different formats and for different companies, schools and privately such as Light UP, St John's College, Bedales School, Dunhurst School and Stagecoach. This has given her a wide range of experience in how to deliver exceptional LAMDA classes that help students to both really improve their acting skills, as well as achieving their best in their exam. She is also a Centre Coordinator for two different locations in Hampshire, alongside managing Light UP and Unexpected Places.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.